If you happen to shut down WinCNC in a weird way, sometimes the controller won't save the "last units" in which case it defaults to MM.
The position readout will look like this:
Technically, nothing is "wrong," it's just set to MM. If you made CAM in MM you could run this way. However, we don't typically, we use Inches (IN).
To Fix this:
- Open My Computer > C:/WinCNC
- Open the file CNC.POS
- Look for this line: LASTUNIT=MM (see image below)
- Revise the line to say: LASTUNIT=IN
- Save the file
- Close WinCNC
- Open WinCNC
- Home the machine
- Everything should be back to normal.
- Make sure to set your Zeros again
This is how WinCNC will look when set to IN (inches).